No matter what the job, your feet will need protecting every bit as much as the rest of your body. With such a massive choice of safety footwear to choose from, it can be difficult to know where to start.
Here, Essential Safety Wear has put together a few tips to help you decide.
- Comfort – before we consider the potential dangers to the feet, we need to know that your feet are going to be comfortable in whatever you wear. Feet, especially when spending a long time locked away inside a boot or shoe, are susceptible to injury or debilitating conditions. Spending time considering comfort now could prevent a whole string of painful problems later on.
- Stability – if your work involves time spent on uneven surfaces, or climbing on and off ladders, it would be worth investigating boots or shoes which have a wider sole. These would give you confidence in your footing and greatly reduce the risk of stumbling or tripping.
- Other Clothing
– when choosing your boots or shoes, consider what else you will be wearing. If you are working outside is it worth making sure that the boots come up under any waterproof trousers? Also, consider socks. In hot conditions, you might opt for thin socks or thick socks in cold environments. Make sure your chosen boot or shoe style will fit with your other clothing.
– should you be working outside then your feet will need protecting from inclement weather. Wet feet soon become damaged feet. We offer a great choice of safety boots and for conditions where you might be sinking into the deep mud, or standing in freezing water, it could be worth considering some of our Wellington boots.
- Counting Steps – you might be in a job where you don’t need a fitness tracker to tell you that you walk miles every day. If that’s the case, but safety footwear is still a must because of your workplace conditions, then you might be interested in finding lighter footwear. We can offer you some lightweight safety footwear from our range of safety trainers.
- What’s Underneath – is the surface you’ll be walking on potentially slippery, or are there are jagged edges, nails or other nasty objects just waiting to pierce the bottom of your foot? For these extreme work environments, why not consider something from our rigger boots range. Originally designed for the American oil industry, they offer the very best in all over protection.
- Not Forgetting The Toes – when we think of safety footwear, we tend to immediately think of ‘steel toe caps’. Well, this very much is still a key feature of all safety boots and shoes. Developments in modern materials have meant that we don’t necessarily need to have all that heavy metal around on our feet. Have a look at our boots and shoes fitted with composite protective materials. If boots are necessary, but you do your fair share of steps every day, this could be a more comfortable choice.
Whatever your safety footwear needs, contact us on 01462 675200 or firstname.lastname@example.org for help with choosing the perfect footwear for you.