Are you thinking of creating a quick-fire, fun PPE quiz for your work colleagues or employees? We’re guessing it’s not a topic you’ll take down the pub, however, a PPE quiz may just be suitable for your place of work.
Whether it is a bit of fun you’re after to lighten up the work place or if you would like to refresh some PPE knowledge, take a look at the following PPE quiz questions and answers from Essential Safety Wear. There are twenty questions altogether. Best of luck!
- Name two items you should be able to find in a first aid kit.
Answer: Plasters and antiseptic wipes.
- Who has the responsibility of providing you with PPE?
- Name an industry in which high-visibility wear is used.
- What is the name of the European Standardization Body?
- Name three different types of eye protection.
Safety spectacles, safety goggles, face mask.
- What is the name of the material used in the construction of old buildings that has been found to be highly dangerous and lead to severe lung problems?
- What does HSE stand for?
The Health and Safety Executive.
- Name one career that requires a sound grasp of first aid.
- What does COSHH stand for?
Control of Substances Hazardous to Health.
- How does child CPR differ from adult CPR?
One hand is used for compressions on children and the elderly, for babies the CRR procedure is different again.
- True or False: PPE is only required in factories and other industrial locations.
False. PPE is used in various industries, including leisure and catering industries.
- What is the name of the brand that manufactured the Calamus Black Safety Boot S1P?
- Name a well-known brand of safety boot.
- What does it mean if a safety boot is classified as S1P?
This means that the boots feature an impact and compression resistant toe cap. They will also be anti-static and feature an energy absorbing heel and penetration-resistant midsole.
- Name two types of PPE.
Head protection and knee protection.
- Name two types of PPE that you’d find in a hospital.
Gloves and respiratory masks.
- What is the main purpose of a hard hat?
To protect your head from overhead hazards and falling hazards.
- True or false. PPE is far less effective when worn improperly.
- True or False. Hearing protection (also known as ear protection) is required when noise levels reach over 60 decibels.
False. Hearing protection is required when noise levels reach 85 decibels or higher.
- True or False. Effective PPE always has to be expensive.
False. PPE is divided into different classifications which can be used to quality assure products. e.g. EN classifications can be used for flame retardant products. What’s more, Essential Safety Wear offers PPE at excellent value.
More Information about PPE from Essential Safety Wear
Of course, the above answer list is not exhaustive and there are other answer possibilities for some of the questions. However, we hope you have had some fun with the quiz and if you’d like to discuss anything further, please contact us at Essential Safety Wear.