Warehouses can be dark, cold and foreboding, they can also be cavernous and noisy. They might be hot, cold or streaming with sunlight. Warehouses are, essentially, industrial storage solutions and can have their own climate and atmosphere. What’s more, this atmosphere can vary during a working day.
Despite the possibility of fluctuation in the atmosphere, a warehouse workforce will need to be comfortable, happy and effective. Kitting the team out with clothing and protection is an investment of time and finances which can generate remarkable returns in productivity. Some of the best warehouse clothing solutions can be found right here at Essential Safety Wear.
Here are some of the solutions we provide here at Essential Safety Wear (starting from the ground up!):
- For The Feet. Are the team expected to cover many miles on foot during the shift? Our range of Safety Trainers is the perfect solution. They are designed to be comfortable when walking for long periods. Despite their comfort, safety certainly isn’t compromised. They offer great protection from crushing. Even better? They are oil and water resistant too. All-in-all, our trainers give the wearer confidence that they won’t be slipping on any spillages.
- For The Legs. Trousers and shorts should offer a free range of movement, without restricting movement. Skirts should be a practical length. Flexible clothing will give the warehouse employee a comfortable day at work.
It is worth bearing in mind that warehouse operations are becoming increasingly electronic, a range of pockets to accommodate scanners and other equipment would be useful. The Kneepad Combat Trousers have lots of pockets for those that need them. Don’t forget to include some knee pads for the team members who find themselves searching the bottom shelf.
- For the torso. Warehouses with changeable conditions will be uncomfortable for staff unless they have flexible clothing to match. Altering conditions may be due to loading doors opening and closing. With forklift trucks and other mobile dangers, a hi vis option is essential. The Cotton Hi Vis Polo Shirt is a high-quality item that is comfortable and practical, featuring air vents and breathable natural fabrics.
- An extra layer. For colder conditions, why not pair the polo shirt with a Hi Vis Hoodie. This has a lovely soft feel and generous fit to provide the worker with warmth and comfort. The hi-viz choices remove the need for an additional hi-vis waistcoat.
- To protect the head. If full head protection is required then a vented safety helmet would be our pick. This Aero Short Peak version would be perfect to keep the wearer as cool as possible. In a warehouse environment where full protection isn’t called for, we would opt for this Bump Cap which offers protection against bumps or scrapes.
- And Don’t Forget. Any workplace is a potentially dangerous environment. Warehouses may be noisy and fumes from delivery vehicles might periodically infect the air. Workers may be required to handle rough shapes or packages containing sharp objects or harmful substances.
Every workplace is individual, with its own set of hazards and conditions. Why not get in touch on 01462 675200 or email@example.com to discuss personalising this list of picks for your own warehouse environment.
With a range of safety products readily available, Essential Safety Wear is sure to have your warehouse team smart, safe and comfortable in no time.